12TH INTERNATIONAL PITCHING MARKET
The Guanajuato International Film Festival (GIFF), the State of Guanajuato, and the Mexican Film Institute (IMCINE) present the 12th International Pitching Market which will take place in Guanajuato Capital, Mexico, between July 17th and July 26th 2015, during the 18th edition of the GUANAJUATO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL.
The International Pitching Market annually unites international producers, investors and diverse film financing institutions from all around the world (including Argentina, Brazil, Chili, France, Germany, Norway, Spain, The Netherlands, South Korea, Hong Kong, India, USA, UK, Colombia and Poland) together with Mexican productions and “Cross-over” co-productions currently in development, as well as projects from the latest sessions of the Cinéfondation La Residence. These meetings aim to boost co-production between Mexico and countries abroad while taking advantage of the unique laws, fiscal incentives and film financing funds that each country has to offer.
PITCHING MARKET RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The primary goal of the INTERNATIONAL PITCHING MARKET is to foster direct relationships and contact between Mexican film projects and international film financiers, producers, investors and film funds with the intention of stimulating and creating audiovisual co-productions.
- The organizers seek feature-length film projects (Fiction, Documentary or Animation), television series and virtual reality projects that have the possibilities for co-production or that are seeking financing for their production or completion.
- A Committee composed of film industry professionals will select the projects that are best equipped and suited for attracting co-production investment on an international level and whose producers demonstrate their preparedness for this possibility. The names of the Selection Committee will be announced once the selection of projects is complete. Their decisions are final and without possibility of appeal.
- 15 Mexican projects will be selected as well as up to 5 “cross-over” projects from Mexico and Turkey, this year’s Guest Country of Honor. These “cross-over” projects are defined as projects that could be co-produced between Turkey and Mexico or could be Turkish films that wish to film in Mexico or Mexican films that wish to film in Turkey.
- Selected projects will be accredited to participate in the 12th INTERNATIONAL PITCHING MARKET to be held between July 17th and July 26th 2015, during the 18th Guanajuato International Film Festival.
- During the Pitching Market, representatives of the selected films will be provided with a space where they will be able to meet with and pitch their projects to film industry professionals from Europe, the United States, Latin America and Mexico.
- Participants whose projects are selected are responsible for the costs of attending the Pitching Market, including their own transportation, lodging and food expenses.
- The list of selected projects will be released by the end of June, via email from the Pitching Market Team, as well as online through the Festival’s website: www.giff.mx The selected participants must confirm their attendance directly with the Pitching Market Team by no later than July 6th 2015.
Participants are expected to have a project sufficiently developed to participate in the Pitching Market and are required to provide materials that will be submitted for consideration to the Pitching Market Team. Participants will have to follow the below steps to register a project:
- Cover sheet with:
- Title of the project
- Producer’s name
- Director’s name
- Production contact information
- Short synopsis (1 page max) and Long synopsis (3 pages max) in English and Spanish.
- Script (Mexican productions only require a Spanish script. “Cross-over” projects must have their scripts translated to English. The script can be attached in PDF format.)
- Director’s statement and previous work in English and Spanish.
- Budget and financing plans in English and Spanish, US Dollars and Mexican Pesos.
- Technical shooting details, including shooting location(s), in English and Spanish.
- Project status (including committed co-production partners, packaging and talent) in English and Spanish.
- Director’s statement (“Project Pitch” or “Project Merits” – 1 page max) in English and Spanish.
- Producer’s statement in English and Spanish.
- There is no entry fee for applications
- None of the submitted materials will be returned to the sender
- We accept Mexican and “Cross-over” feature-length film projects (Fiction, Animation or Documentary) television series and virtual reality projects that are looking for financing or possible co-producers in all stages of development, production or post-production.
- Once a project has been selected, one representative (preferably the Producer) should present the project during the International Pitching Market.
- Any project that participates in the International Pitching Market, and as a result finds co-production partners or receives financing, must publish the GIFF Industry and International Pitching Market logo within the credits of their completed project. The following sentence should also appear in the credits: “[Project Title] was presented in the Guanajuato International Film Festival’s International Pitching Market, Mexico, July of 2015“. The International Pitching Market logo will be provided upon request.
CALL FOR ENTRIES OPENS: APRIL 21, 2015
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 7, 2015
PROJECT SUBMISSION AND QUESTIONS:
FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CINE GUANAJUATO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
PROL. CALZ. DE LA AURORA S/N INT. 5-B, (FÁBRICA LA AURORA) COL. CENTRO, SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE, GTO., C.P. 37700
+52 (415) 152-7264 / 152-8899 Ext. 15 / www.guanajuatofilmfestival.com